Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Final Pitch Presentation Progress

Alliterations aside my final pitch is coming together, #3 will be filled in with concept sketches for the power point. I have also learned that I cannot paste directly from Microsoft Word into this blog which is really making me an appreciate WordPad more.

1. To Produce at least six pieces of concept art including prop, environment, and character focused pieces from an original setting of my design. I will focus on technical aspects of the work including improving my integration of perspective and conceptual aspects as I design an original world. This will benefit my portfolio by improving the average quality of and diversifying the types of works present in it as well as showing that I can maintain a consistent style and mood across multiple pieces.

2. I wish to develop a post apocalyptic fantasy setting as I feel this combination of themes has only rarely been used in games in the past. To that end I intend to development two props (or sets of props) that would be appropriate to the world, two different environments, and interior and exterior space, and two characters from two different factions.

3. Place holder

4. Technical concerns for the project are limited as I have worked extensively with all of the tools I intend to use. The biggest potential issue I can see myself facing is file corruption or loss of and feel that keeping backups on both SCAD’s network and my personal computer almost guarantees I will not suffer a significant setback.

5. Schedule:
Week Four : Design and completion of first prop
Week Five: Design and completion of Second Prop
Week Six: First Environment
Week Seven: Second Environment
Week Eight: First Character
Week Nine: Second Character
Week Ten: Presentation and clean up

No comments:

Post a Comment