Sunday, September 27, 2009

I suppose this should have been my first post on here but to expand on what exactly my project is I'm looking to produce at least six pieces of concept art including characters, environment, and props to flesh out a game world. The theme I've chosen for the project is a post apocalyptic fantasy setting as opposed to the more traditional sci fi take. While I doubt I'm the first person to think of this it haven't seen it done often before and am hopeful it will result in interesting or at least unusual pieces for my portolio. I currently plan on trying to adapt themes such as ruined cities and an undead/mutant plague which can easily be transferred to a fantasy setting as well as some equivelent to powered armor which should be a more interesting challenge to integrate.

1 comment:

  1. Might and Magic series is an ancient game that takes place in a similar setting.
    Sword of Shannara. Check it out, it's a good read. There are many hints throughout the book that it takes place in a futuristic setting. That being said, I think it's a great atmosphere and I it's definitely an underused theme. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete